So last Friday we had the ultrasound appointment and got the wonderful crazy news of our Little Mez being almost ready to make our little family whole. Craziness. I also had my bloods done and spent a lot of time rubbing my belly and laying on the couch with my feet up reading pregnancy magazines.
Last night was mainly spent trawling the Westmead Private Hospital website and trying to absorb as much info as possible. They have double beds, large spas, state of the art equipment, lots of learning programs and are really flexiable. I’m going to look at The Hills Private Hospital tonight and see how they compare. Fun Fun.
My results arrived at the Gyno this morning so I rang up and found out that everything is perfect, couldn’t be better. Awesome. So I rang my Ob and after 25 min on hold I finally got through. There was a 3 week wait. I explained my situation and I have an appointment at 3pm tomorrow 😉 The Ob’s name is Dr Chua and is a friend of my Gyno. Luckily I trust my Gyno.
We’re getting another ultrasound done, going over my bloods and all the steps we need to make. Hopefully this ultrasound will be external, I’ve heard they’re clearer than internal ultrasounds. We can’t wait to see Little Mez again. This time I wont (shouldn’t) be in as much shock so I can take it all in a bit better. My memory is so vauge of the first one and it was only done Friday. So tomorrow evening I should be able to post an even clearer pic of Little Mez and get a more concrete EDD.
Stuff that doesn’t involve pee and needles:
- We’ve decided on all the nursery furniture. Steve’s done so much research that I’m afraid he didn’t do any work at all today. Such a champion. IKEA is our saviour. I’ll do a post about it later. Just the bones of the nursery anyway.
- I’m quitting work at the beginning of April. It’s a decision Steve and I are happy with. I have 6 months to enjoy this pregnancy and I’m not going to spend it at work.
- I have a very limited time to take as many photos as possible. After we talk to Ob I’ll start taking new bookings.
- We also have our trip to Darwin and a beautiful wedding to attend.
- Steve’s Dad and sister Heather are coming to visit.
- We have one or two trips to Newy planned.
- Not to meantion 2 baby showers to start organising. Sydney (May) and Darwin (June)… help please!