- Blues, Limes and White as the main colour theme with punches of Orange. Steve also wants me to try and work in some chocolate brown to match the rest of the house.
- No “Winnie the Pooh”. Pooh is banned 🙂
- We need a lovely bright coloured rug. Steve wants a road rug, I’m not sure.
- We are NOT putting his name in plywood letters on the wall.
- Pattern is fun but more block colours.
- We want to hang lanterns above the cot (pic #5).
- We’re going to buy Duplo (eventually Lego as well), wooden toys and wind-up tin toys.
- We’re going to cover the rocking chair and make it work. Somehow.
1. We love love love the Rainforrest range from Fisher Price. We haven’t found one accessory or piece of equipment we don’t like. I already have the mobile and we’re keen on this playmat and the swing, and the bouncer, and the car mirror and the…
2. Ok, it’s a bit too much orange for my taste but I’m in love with the textured rug. I also like the way the orange and the blue and blended using Amy Butler’s patterned fabric.
3. This has been my inspirational nursery for well over a year now. This was made for a little girl but I think it’s quite unisex. I really wish our walls were blue but they’re not and I have to live with mustard ones instead. I love that it doesn’t have a theme, the colours are basic and there’s lots of texture.
4. I love the simplicity of this room. One patterned fabric to decorate and block colours to support it. Blends in with the walls and uses orange for a more subtle POP.
6. This room is so bright and fun. I love the use of orange in the bedding and the bright toys. if you look in behind the number 6 you’ll notice a car rug. There are ways to make it work apparently lol.
7. This is a tad to bright for me but I love the boxes underneath the cot and the cute flags. It’s a bit too matchy-matchy for me as well.
8. Now these I could use. They’re not vinyl so I’m not worried about them ruining the paint as I have similar ones from IKEA but for $85 AU I’m not so sure. I went in store to check them out (see I’m keen) and I adore them but it’s a bit of a stretch money wise.
So, there you have it. That’s the basic beginnings of a plan for the room. Mum arrives tomorrow, the dishwasher is being fixed between 7am-12pm (fun fun) and I know I’ll be too knee deep in fabric at spotlight to blog anything else substantial for the next day or two. If you know of any products or decorative elements I could use for the nursery feel free to leave links in your comments. I love new ideas and inspiration from others.