Gisela Ramirez Spring Sale

After blogging about the Gisela Ramirez runway show a couple of weeks ago, Gisela and I got to talking and we discussed the possibility of me shooting her entire collection. Last Saturday I did just that and I (but most importantly Gisela) couldn’t be more pleased with the result. To celebrate her lines new look she’s just launched a Spring Sale with 50% off. Discount code: SPRING2011
 These are just some of the images that I took with more being published in the next few days. I’m not a retoucher in any capacity, sure I can get rid of the odd blemish but I didn’t possess the skills to produce something this polished. Luckily Gisela is so she camped out at my place all day and we hung out, edited photos and I learnt a lot. I’m now promptly signing up for a course, I’m converted.
 One of the best parts about the whole experience was that it was all so new to each of us. Gisela had never shot for a lookbook before, I’d never photographed and had full creative control over a fashion shoot and Delphina our beautiful model had never done anything like this before. Everything was a combined effort in every capacity and it was so much fun!
 I still had my overnight bag full of outfits and jewellery from my photoshoot the day before in the back of the car so a lot of my own pieces are featured… even my shoes! I was totally proud of my varied collection of glam, glittering awesome accessories.
 It was an exciting challenge. The shoot took all day, I was hanging out with people I didn’t really know doing a job I wasn’t sure I was fully prepared for and I was nervous about directing the model. We were shooting the same pieces in different colours, styled in different ways so making sure each pose was unique and special was full on but I’m really proud of the results.
 The whole photoshoot was done in Gisela’s sunlit lounge room. Her father had erected a backdrop for me before I arrived (grey window blind fabric would you believe it!) and I used a standing light with a white umbrella as well as my Gary Fong Lightsphere mounted on my camera. The set up really was basic but as you can see it worked. In the future I’d like to hire a studio but until then I’m happy to make do.
Gisela generously gave me the Reversible Silk Chiffon Chiton in Rose pictured above, I’m in love with it. I can imagine myself living in it over summer. I can’t wait to see the rest of the images published, once they are I’ll be sure to share them with you all. Until then, don’t forget to check out Gisela Ramirez’s online store, see a couple more photos and maybe even snap up a bargain. Discount Code is “SPRING2011″ for 50% OFF.

Comments

Natalie Mulford says

Eee! The photos look great! Congrats!

Now, just to decide what items to buy myself! I am so in love with these designs, but I can't for the life of me choose!

Anonymous says

argh!!!!!! I can finally get these gorgeous leggings! I have been wanting them since Gisella first made them!!!! I just bought a pair in black and I can't wait to wear them. They are HOT!

Wish I could afford to get the silk chiffon chiton in rose! I WISH!!

Anonymous says

I'm not a fan of these photos at all. Giselas' clothes have such a wonderful movement but these photos just make them look stiff and lifeless.
    The model seems very awkward and it's quite obvious that she's never done this before. Her poses are stiff and don't quite make sense.
    The model also looks really short. I don't know if that's because she is or if it was just photographed that way. But good on Dephina for having a go, I hope she can get some more experience in the future.

Danimezza says

Hi Anon, I'm really proud of our amateur effort. As I said it was a new experience for all of us. In this shoot we were focusing on strong lines, simple expressions and showcasing the clothes in different ways. There are more images to be published and in future I'd love to do a shoot outside as thats an environment in which I'm much more comfortable. Thank you for your comment and feedback x

Anonymous says

Hi Dani, LOVE these pics, makes me "proud to be plus!". Quick question though, the 5th photo down with the black sheer dress over the pink leotard, her left leg (right leg looking at the pic) looks freaky! Like half her leg is missing or something??

wait until the sunset says

These are great Dani! Amateur or not I'm sure you will be snapping away with the pros in no time. I can't wait to see what you will come up with after the photography class! :)
    Olivia

Belinda says

Ok, I’m a “plus size” girl myself. I’m a size 16 at the moment. But there is no way on earth I would wear any of this stuff. And I don’t care how proud the model is of her body, I personally think it just isn’t flattering to wear shiny leggings if you have big thighs. I’m not impressed by the collection at all, sorry to say.

Trackbacks