The lovely people at Vaseline sent me (and three of my family members) a small pamper pack in January designed to moisturise, protect and freshen up my skin. They asked for the opportunity to share with you some information that you may not be aware of when it comes to your skin and in return, one Danimezza reader will win a year’s supply of Vaseline Aloe Fresh Daily Body Lotion SPF 15+!!! My skin cancer check up is next week so I thought it would be a timely reminder for all of you to understand the effects of sun damage and hopefully it inspires you to book your own appointment… oh, and win stuff!
- There are two different kinds of sun rays which can cause our skin serious damage – UVA and UVB.
- As much as a short walk from the train to work is enough to cause incidental sun exposure.
- More than 47% of Australian women rate dry skin as the number one skin concern, while less than 40% use a body lotion daily.
- One of the major causes of dry skin for Australian women is UVA damage from incidental sun exposure.
- UVA ray strength remains much the same all year round – causing constant dryness and ageing.
- UVA rays can cause premature ageing, wrinkling of the skin and can indirectly contribute to skin cancer formation, while UVB rays can cause the skin to burn.
- Lack of sun protection is dangerous. Skin cancers now account for 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers.
Please Note: Promotion is open to residents of Australia 18 years or older. Entrants can submit multiple entries. Only the skin facts listed in the post are acceptable answers in the competition entry form. The promotion opens on the 1st of February and closes on the 29th of February. The winner will be drawn at random on 5th March. There will be one winner from each of the participating blogs Smaggle, BellaMumma, The Sydney Girl, Fat Mum Slim,Makeup and Macaroons, Miscellaneous Mum, Danimezza and Hello Owl. Please visit the Vaseline Facebook Competition Page for full terms and conditions.