Kidspot Ford Territory Top 50: Childhood

If you’ve voted, commented or shared any of my posts for the Kidspot Ford Territory Top 50 Competition, thank you so much. If you haven’t there is still time, just click the link, click on my face and enter your email address to go in the running to win $5000 cash!

This week’s post is all about “childhood” so I decided to mix up parts of my past with parts of our present. I hope you enjoy the video and the little sneak peek into what it was like for me growing up, almost a total contrast to how I live my life now. Oh, and enjoy the bush fashion!

CLICK TO VOTE

PREVIOUS ENTRIES: Entry Video / Passenger / Day in my Life

Comments

Ellie says

I was just coming in to say the same thing. I always thought he was the spit of his dad but seeing this photo he is just a mini mum.

Great post.

Thanks Ellie, I guess people didn’t know that I’m actually blonde and he still looks a lot like his Dad. When you see my old photos though we’re like twins.

#1 So you concede that the egnine wins the race? Your hypothetical depends on the marginality’ of the difference between the cars. Again, Weber in a clapped out 1991 Festiva versus me in a 2012 HSV Commodore? I win.#2 Athletes use athleticism. Drivers drive. They’re not athletes.#3 So you need to use drug cheats to suggest a less-than-level playing field? I would say the fact that Lionel Messi is the best football player alive is a good indication that the playing field is nice and level in real sports.

When Aidan first watched the video he pointed to the image of Mum and I on the yacht and said “Aidan” and I had to explain that that was actually me when I was his age… wasn’t until he saw “himself” in a dress in the next frame that he believed me lol.

Stephanie says

Thanks for the warning on the pics … not :P Awesome Video!!
    I’m sure dani loves the photos!

We can never say thank you enough for going so far out of your way to make the weekend perfect.

Also, we LOVE the photos (and the autumn dust) and the movie.

Amazing that my childrens lives are so similar to your childhood…and soon we’ll all be heading North as a family, just like you.

xx

Look, you’re a movie star… twice!!!

Now you, the kids AND Luke can watch the movie whenever you like, at any time, from wherever you are. Your family is my family xx

MYAR PHAR TEAM,Aap logo ke dwara srajan kar namirn kar rachna ki gai yah WEB SITE phar se door nivas karne wale pahariyo our ese phari jinka janm phar me nahi hua hai jo phar ki virasat,phar ki unnat shanshkrtik virasat ke vishay me jada janti nahi hai bas thora bahut jab pahar jane per kuchh bahut jante hai unke liye jankari prapt karne ka bahut achha madhyam hai, Aap ke Team ke Shri Hem Pandey ji, Shri Pankaj Shing Maher ji ne kafi achhi jankari MYAR PHAR, NANITAL SMACHAR, HISHALU.COM me hamare pahar ke vishay me phari sanskriti. ritirivaj, tyohar, phari prampraye, dharmic sthal, aadi ke bare me kafi gyanvadhak jankari diye hai uske liye Aap shabhi dhanyavad ke patra hai. AAP KI PURI TEAM KO KRISHNA JANMASTAMI KI HARDIK BDHAE .ASHOK KUMAR BHATTNawapara (Rajim)RAIPUR (C.G.)Mob. No. 9754613678

Real men don’t even well up….it must have been those damn onions again.
    Fantastic how you melded the stories together. Great work Danielle!!
    Love dad

charlie says

:( so sweet, i teared up, then i cracked up laughing at how you look like aidan in a dress as a kid how cute, all this time i thought he looked like steve but nope he is just like his mummy
    i love the whole airforce part of it, kinda got me thinking bout my man joining, fingers crossed he gets in, i think the car defineatly brings ppl together and i think the distance between them also brings them even closer than most families, the red dirt is so australian it must have been a fun childhood

If you don’t win Blogger of the year I will eat a … cake. Seriously, I love when you make videos – words are great but the videos are fantastic :)

You lose against Mark Webber. For the silmpe fact that you believe the Motor (Motor being what you refer to when you speak of Engine) is the thing that does all the work. You would lack the comprehension of basic lines, braking zones, chassis response and so on to be able to drive that car at 20% of it’s capability, Webber on the other hand could out drive the Festiva. This alone however doesn’t debate the point you were attempting to make, so I will break it down.By your definition:true sport must involve actively engaging one or more opponents on a level playing field. The winner is determined directly by the ability and performance of the participants against the clock or scoreboard.Actively engaging Motorsport is a team sport, teams are actively engaged in the development of a race team. Cars or motorcycles must be designed to suit the driver or rider in order to get the best out of the man and the machine. For example, Rossi was unable to jump on to the same bike as Stoner and make it lap faster. Stoner being the only person to be able to ride that bike to a championship, evidence to this fact is that his team mate, Nicky Hayden was finishing mid pack when Stoner was winning races by margins of 10 seconds or greater on the same machinery, by the same team. The same happened when Rossi was racing the Honda and Yamaha and winning championship.Level Playing file All teams must race on the same tracks within the rules set by the governing body.Winning IS determined by the ability or performance of the participants against the clock and the scoreboard.Also, your point on Rossi is grossly incorrect. Rossi had many issues with Yamaha due to Jorge Lorenzo renegotiating his slice of the pie. Lorenzos pay rise effectively meant Rossi had to take a pay cut. Lorenzo was outperforming Rossi at the time. Rossi also took issue with the inferior Michelin tyres as the front runners were using Bridgestone at the time. Tyres playing a significant factor in the way the motor was able to put power to the ground.