Aussie Curves – Bold Nails

GXtbZu on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

This is the second week of Aussie Curves and I’m totally proud and overwhelmed by the amount of support my little initiative has received. Remember, if you’re a size 14+ and live in Australia/New Zealand you can play along. This week we’re all posting about “Bold Nails” which is right up my alley and the perfect excuse to splash out on a manicure. My pretty pink digits are covered in Shellac, one of my favourite treats.

I also thought this week would be a great opportunity to bust out my weave… trust me, that’s not something I thought I’d ever hear myself say. I’m wearing fake hair clip in extensions from Lady Jayne, I got them on sale for $40 at Priceline. They can be washed and styled with a hair dryer, curler and straightener too which is unusual for fake hair. I don’t wear them out because I’m lazy but for photos they’re totally mad. Oh and my earrings are from a few years ago now, I have no idea where I got them from.

The “My Boyfriend’s Back” dress I’m wearing is a gift from 17 Sundays. It’s made from rayon that’s light and ultra comfortable, perfect for summer. I love the slim fit and the gorgeous vertical stripes. I’ve got to admit I felt a little pin-up in it. The neckline is really flattering whilst still covering up the girls and the silk black waistband is stretchy removing the need to wear a belt.

I’ve got to give another big shout out to Steve for being my photo hero. He came home during his lunchbreak today so he could take these photos for me. I had planned to take the photos over the weekend but a different photoshoot I was organising took up most of my time. I’ll be planning further ahead for next week’s post which will be all about “Leggings“.

Now I know you’re wondering about the shoes… the Tricia Fuchsia Suede Heels are from Torrid. I don’t have many pieces from them as the shipping prices to Australia are above and beyond ridiculous, Forever21 is the same. Whilst I was in NYC I met the marketing team for Torrid. I was desperate to try on their shoes as they release funky styles in a wide fit but I ran out of time whilst I was overseas so they kindly sent me these to check the sizing. I got a size 10W and whilst the width is perfect I think with a heel this high I’d need a size 9 or use some heel grips as they slip a little at the back. Being a 9.5W is tough.

I feel a little like a retro, pin-up, brunette barbie in this outfit… and I utterly adore it! A monochrome dress begs for colour that packs a punch so pairing it with funky pink accessories was a no-brainer. If you want to experiment with a current fashion trend which may be a little intimidating (like neon for example) painting your nails can be the easiest and cheapest way to play along. Speaking of playing, why not check out the rest of the ladies joining in this week and maybe, just maybe you could think about having a go yourself!

Comments

Love! Just keep those shoes aside for me. I’m pretty sure I can take them off your hands. Haha. LOVE THEM. And this dress on you is all kinds of wonderful. Love, love it.

I LOVE black, white and bold pink together! Great combo. I especially love that you have a great stripe pattern thrown in there! Gorgeous!

Wow, you look stunning! You also look a bit different. Yes very pin-up girl. I’m not sure if it’s the hair alone, or your gym workouts too, but you’re looking absolutely fabulous Miss Dani! I have a hair extension, cost a small fortune. I never thought to use it for photos. I love the extra body mine gives.

After reading everyone’s bold nails posts I want to try and grow my nails a little so I can add some more colour. Thanks for the inspiration ladies! =)

I got the half-head piece that’s 45cms long (i think). I might also get the pack that’s split up into three to add even more bulk to my hair. Experiment with them, just a bit of fun :)

ooohhh pretty pretty!!! I use to wear hair extensions all the time when I was waiting for my short spikes to grow out- haven’t worn them in a while actually! You’ve inspired me to get mine out! xx

Hi Mele, All you have to do is do a blog post around this week’s theme “Bold Nails” and grab the “linky code” from the bottom of my post by following the links and embed the code into the bottom of your post. Once the post has gone live, enter your post into the Linky. Once you do that your post link will show up on everyone elses blog. Any troubles let me know x

Giiiiiiiiiirl, I don’t know what I love the most about this, your hair, the dress, your shoes, those earrings! It’s all just amazing squared!

You look gorgeous with long hair Dani! It really suits the shape of your face. As always, your outfit is just beautiful…you sure know how to work it girl! I wish I had as much confidence as you in front of the camera.

That, girlfriend, is practice… and boundless vanity lol. As for the hair, just like your nails… I want it longer but I always chop it off because it’s less annoying short :)

:( Oops, I fail to meet all your criteria for playing along and I already posted my blog. The only thing I met was blogging about nails. Sorry, first time doing a blog hop and I thought someone else had started it. Darn it all wish I could play along though but alas I am not Aussie or Kiwi.

Sorry Susie but your link had to be removed as it didn’t meet the criteria to join in the blog hop. Thanks for sharing our challenge with your readers and showing off our Aussie Curves style. Be sure to check back tomorrow for the next challenge, I hope it inspires you even if you can’t officially participate x

The Pretenders are doing it right now…releasing a free album that is. One track a week for download until the oicaffil album release, Sept. 23rd.BTW- Boots of Chinese Plastic kicks. It could easily be a lost track from their first album.