Aussie Curves – Red

Love Aussie Curves? Then why not join the Aussie Curves Facebook Group! It will keep you updated on the up coming challenges, provide you with the blog hop code so you can schedule your post in advance as well as find all the logos and disclaimers you need to play along.

I told you last week that my love of florals was unwaivering didn’t I? Well here I am again rocking a floral print for this week’s theme “RED” a challenge I initially thought I’d be sitting out of since I don’t own a single red item of clothing, or so I thought.

I bought this gorgeous dress at Macy’s in New York, it’s by Adrianna Papell and it’s a size 22W. It’s a little loose around the bust and waist so I’m going to have a tailor work their magic to make this little gem fit like a dream. It’s such a gorgeous, lady-like dress and the colours are oh so fun.

It’s kind of silly but I love the fit of this dress so much that it didn’t even bother me that I had my arms uncovered, sure I could have popped on a white knit cardigan but I felt it would do the dress a disservice, it deserved to be flaunted… so I did exactly that!

The ensemble cried out for a bit of Glomesh so I pulled out my lovely white, mint condition piece and paraded it about for the afternoon. When I got home I wrapped it back up in tissue, slipped it into it’s bag and tucked it into it’s box for safe keeping. Yes, that’s how much I love it.

This post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning my fabulous glasses, if I recall correctly they were from a discount store in the costume section. The best $2 I’ve ever spent! If you look closely you can just make out Steve in one lens and Aidan in the other… Steve is of course taking credit for the cool shot. He’s doing a great job isn’t he, my star photography pupil.

Since coming back from New York I’ve fallen for heels… well for short periods of time anyway. Now I know that wider fitting heels are out there and they’re comfortable I’m a brand new woman when it comes to shoes. They really do make your legs look amazing!

I was given this pair by my friend Teer who is a total pin up babe. They’re from Torrid and they fit perfectly but I rarely wear them because as I explained before I never wear red. Plus I teeter a little too much for my liking due to the really thin heel spikes, but that said I’m on my heel-training-wheels so maybe I’ll gain a bit more confidence and start strutting around in these like nobody’s business.

Meet my other pupil Aidan, totally working it for the camera isn’t he? He interrupted my session several times exclaiming “My Turn!” so I’d move aside and let him do his thing. This one is my favourite because in the moment I didn’t realise what he was doing but in the photo you can clearly see he’s studying what I’m doing and replicating it to perfection, I was so proud! I think when we head out each weekend to take my photos he’ll have to get dressed up too… what kind of mini fashion monster have I created!?!

jGsxzd on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

Comments

Thanks Liv, they’re a little soft and droopy but they’re mine! I don’t have a problem with them being bare in public but after a nasty blog commenter a few years back i’ve always seemed to cover them up on the blog. Weird I know.

I understand your love of florals. I’m there too!! This dress is fantastic and you look so much like a retro beautiful 50′s pinup girl with the heels and the hair. Just beautiful!!

Yay! That’s the look I was going for! When old people walked past with their dogs they all smiled and commented on my dress, I guess it reminded them of their youth. I’ve worn my hair in curls almost every day since.

i don’t do dresses. i have a few in my wardrobe but i’ve never worn them, not sure why, i just don’t feel comfortable in them BUT that dress you’re wearing? GORGEOUS, i LOVE it!

x

That dress just screams Spring Dani! Bring on the warmer weather!! Looking gorgeous as always…but I don’t know if you’ve convinced me to wear heels. lol

Love the dress. Fantastic pattern. I own one of her dresses (bought online) but not a floral one. Thanks for choosing red……….I own A LOT of red clothes, accessories, shoes etc etc etc.
    And Aidan just keeps getting cuter and cuter…

Ohh you’ll have to show off your dress one day. People seem to be either-or with this challenge, they either have a lot or nothing at all. Can’t wait to see your look.

Love the dress, it’s so pretty. Beautiful colours and style. I agree, you’re arms are fine. You look amazing! So much cuteness, your glasses, the lighting, Aiden’s pose. Love it all. Although I’ll stick to my chunky heels, they’re just safer. lol

Ok as usually you are totally rocking this! I LOVE pale blue and red together so, so pretty! The mix of fun, lady and racy ou have put together in this outfit is awesome!

Keena says

Aidan posing is adorable!! You look amazing in this dress!! The photo with Steve and Aidan’s reflections in the sunnies is superb!! Heart sunnies are my favourite (total 80′s child). And the background reminds me of home!! This post made me smile lots, so I just thought I’d share that with you! :D

Hi Del,Cold callers are never a good sign.No money uponfrt, but they will send a courier. Most probably they will ask for a payment for this courier or any other fee to be paid like tax or notary.We have seen cases where they asked for a312 to pay the courier, but a31200 was taken off the card! The Courier never arrived So please be careful!Kind regardsCustomer Care

I’d like to bring it in at least an inch either side under the bust as it’s a bit loose and rides upwards. My waist is an 18 and it’s what I like to show off. I didn’t have much of a budget whilst in NYC (I rarely do here either) but it was a lot of fun. This dress was $160+ and I got it for $40 on sale.

I have been to NY twice and I have never stepped foot into Macys *hangs my head in shame* I swear there is NEVER enough time in New York :(

That photo of you and Aiden is SO adorable & Steve certainly is getting quite handy with the camera! The dress is gorgeous, I love the colour and pattern, so pretty!

That first shot is totally boss! 3 cheers for heels and how they transform our legs….You are one step ahead of me lovely lady :) I’m still only in wedges….. those pumps are fierce though and thank you for being patient with me with the blog links….got that sorted so next week it shouldn’t be no problem.

Much love

Mele xo

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting
    things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next
    articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

Trackbacks