It’s time for another mid-week beauty post and this time I’ll be talking about the new L’Oreal Revitalift Total Repair 10 BB Cream, the first anti-aging BB Cream. BB Creams are all the rage and it’s not just a passing fad but the new innovation in skincare and make up fit for our new fast-paced lifestyle. I’ve tried other BB creams but I haven’t shown them on the blog because, well, I didn’t like them. This one I like, so much so that I made a 2 minute video about it…
I was sent both the “Light” and “Medium” shades for consideration and decided for my skin tone “Light” was the best way to go. The 50ml bottle is plastic and I like it’s compact design, it’s about the size of a roll-on deodorant and small enough to pop in your bag. It has a sturdy lid and generous pump, I find one is enough to do my whole face and neck evenly. The RRP: $35.95 AUD so I’m interested to see how far it goes. You can buy it at supermarkets, chemists and department stores. The claims on this product were high so I was excited to try it out.
- Covers Imperfections: Yes, but only minor ones, not the monsters I have on my face this week (thank you hormones). I’d still need to apply foundation and/or just consealer at the very least over the top.
- Perfects Skin Texture: Yes, I’d say it leaves the skin feeling soft and flush, also feels like a primed base for make up.
- Evens Skin Tone: Yes, a million times yes. I still feel my Invisible Zinc Stick does a better job but this has moisturising and firming properties.
- Refines Skin Quality: Hmm I’ve only had it for a few days so I couldn’t say, maybe over time.
- Illuminates Complexion: Yes, there is a very subtle sheen, if any. I’m the queen of illuminators which is why I love Benefit Cosmetics so much (it’s what the brand is known for) but if you’re wanting just a touch of reflective brightening this would suit.
- Intensely Hydrates: Something I’ll have to discover long term. I had a facial this week so my skin is feeling quite supple already. I do feel the difference on my nose and forehead though which is where I tend to be quite dry.
- Corrects Dark Spots: I had the mask of pregnancy 3 years ago and the darkest marks were on either side of my chin below my lower lip. Over time this has faded but I’m still quite self conscious about it and always apply consealer. I found the BB Cream disguised it well.
- Smooths Wrinkles: It contains Pro-Retinol A which an active anti-wrinkle ingredient so I’m sure the claim is true, again it would be something I’d have to discover over time. In the meantime it does act like a filler for smaller lines, like the micro ones.
- Firms Contours: It has something called “Stimulift”, an ingredient that stimulates your skin’s natural lifters to plump and firm your skin. As I said, haven’t been using it long and I just had a facial designed to lift and tighten.
- Protects Against UV: Rated SPF 15+ it’s half of what I get from my Invisible Zinc stick. If they could find a way to boost it up to SPF30+ I think it would knock competitors out of the park.
I received the L’Oreal Revitalift Total Repair 10 Moisturiser a few weeks ago in a goodie bag during a L’Oreal PR event with Brand Meets Blog. I wanted to included it in this post because I know a lot of people are still hesitant about BB Creams. With this you’re still getting the nutrient care and protection for your skin, just without the tint. It’s got a nice texture, similar to a make up primer so if you did need a thicker foundation coverage you could just incorporate this into your routine.