Aussie Curves – Stripes

Wow, you guys really loved last week’s theme “Tribal”, I was totally blown away by the response. This week’s theme is “Stripes” and would you believe I didn’t pack a single striped garment when I went to Hayman! Such a beautiful place for photos and I had nothing to wear! Tragic I know but this afternoon Steve came home a bit early and took these pics for me so I could catch up with the rest of the crew. Seriously if I don’t have my Aussie Curves post up on on a Monday morning I feel like I’m running on a treadmill all week until I do… I hate playing catch up.

• Jacket – City Chic circa 2011
  • Striped Cami – City Chic circa 2011
  • Fuchsia Martine Jeans – Virtu gifted
  • Earrings – Lovisa circa 2010
  • Bracelet – Lovisa circa 2011
  • Black Lace Up Wedges – Target gifted
  • Neon Yellow iPad Case – TS14+ gifted
  • Hair Extentions – Lady Jayne

It’s not that I don’t like stripes, I do, I just don’t seem to own many striped items. I know that Suger’s jaw has dropped right now (she’s devoting the entire week to stripy outfits!) but they’re just not my thing, I’m a floral girl. I’m not afraid of mixing things up though, this is my go-to top to break up a bold outfit. It’s silky synthetic fabric makes it feel dressy so it’s great under a blazer, teamed with a pencil skirt or a pair of well-fitted pants. I know a lot of people don’t like these banded tops (shirred waists) but I think they’re brilliant, especially on bloated days!

The wedges were a recent gift from Target, not something I’d necessarily go for but they’re a bit funky and I’m open to trying new things, I think they worked well. The bonus with these shoes is that because they’re lace ups, you can customise the fit. Wedges are always super comfy to me. I liked the platform, giving me height but keeping me stable. My pedicure looks pretty cute in them too. Oh and are you  wondering why I rolled up my jeans ever so slightly? Well, it’s the “in” thing to do for spring: bare those ankles, elongate those legs and show off those super cute shoes… personally I’m a fan.

Comments

This is the first piece of coloured denim I own. I originally teamed it with a blazer and went “oh crap that’s sugers look” lol so I roughed it up with a faux leather jacket. I still think I’m a dress/skirt person but they’re fun. As for the case, Beth might have a surprise?

Haha. I’m pretty sure I didn’t invent the coloured denim and blazer look. But I get what you mean. Crazy part is that I thought I was a total skirts/dresses persona and all I bought this year has been pants! Madness.

She does huh..? Well that would just about make my day… ;)

Floral pants and skinny capris get my vote for spring. I used to be a pants person (jeans and black pants) but now I’m all about the dress… we’re funny old birds lol.

Martina says

Yay, you posted!
    Great outfit and love the pops of bright colour against the lack and white stripes. Wish the jeans with my name fit me nicely.

Black and White stripes seem to be a bit of an ongoing theme with the Aussie Curve girls, they’re classic though. I found the jeans fit ok, gaped a little at m lower back but all my jeans do that due to my ample booty, at least they don’t show crack lol

Thanks Jeanie, the jeans are new for me and the light was pretty much gone by the time I took the pic (no backlighting sigh) but happy to have found a white wall lol.

Dani, my 7yo daughter watched your “how to look good when you’re feeling crap” video the other day and she thinks you’re just beautiful! She’s now decided that she needs a hair piece just like you. Lordy help me when she’s a teenager! lol.

You are rocking the stripes this week lovely…great colour combination and accessories.

Awwww that’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard! Tell her I think she’s beautiful too xx You can get coloured clip on “foils” really cheap from Priceline and BigW which are so fun.

I love that top! And I’m loving the shirred waist too, I’ve been gravitating toward them. I’m looking back through all of your Aussie-Curves posts and you’re so beautiful. I want to join in, but in truth, I haven’t let anyone take a photo of me in 2 years. I don’t know if I could do it.

Hi, I was just here to ask if shipping is free.I live in Canada, so I was just aniskg because I’m a huge fan of him and it’s his birthday today ;) So is shipping free? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Good shoes laces can take a shoe from nice to epic- these ones are absolutely amianzg! I love how the metal contrasts with the delicate lace, which is ridiculously pretty. The photos are so lovely too.Florrie x

Agree with the rolling up on the jeans! Great look for edging into the warmer months! Love the wedges too, I have a very similar pair by Wittner that are nearly dead so these would be perfect to replace them with! Lace ups wedges are by far the comfiest shoes I wear! xx

I love banded bottom hems! They are fantastic! And I love this stripped one. The girly pants and the edgy jacket look fab!! Pops of color are rockin’ too! All in all, beautiful!!

I love all those pops of colour, especially those earrings! Interesting stripey top, nice to see something a bit diff from all the usual stripey tops style. :-)

Trackbacks