Aussie Curves – Blue

I always knew that for this week’s theme “Blue” I would wear this skirt. I have so many blue items but this one is always my standout piece. It’s super comfy with stretchy fabric and a great length for me going all the way from my waist to my knee. I usually layer it with a singlet, cardigan and flats for a casual “Mumma” look or I can dress it up with a nice blouse and heels.

• Spidermesh Cardi – TS14+ gifted
  • Floral Dress cut into a Top – Lily & Lou (BigW) circa 2010
  • Blue Pencil Skirt – Virtu gifted
  • Oversized Pearl Necklace – Diva circa 2008
  • Oversized Pearl Ring – Wild Bling gifted
  • White Heels – Payless US
  • White Glomesh Purse – Vintage gifted from my gorgeous sister

Comments

Aww thank you! It’s all I ever used to wear but in the last year or so I’ve really fallen for pink. Might have to break out a few of the old pieces and give them another run.

That shade of blue is perfect for you Dani…so lovely and vibrant. Love how you’ve teamed it with white…especially the pearls. Gorgeous!

Stunning. It really is. I am dying to go find some colourful pencil skirts now.

I agree that sometimes you do need to wear something a bit fitted to give you shape and look great. It is not true that big girls need to wear baggy! Thankfully retailers are seeing the light on this issue too!

Thanks Janna, I looooooove colour. Virtu are always bringing out new colours and ASOS stock a few prints as well. City Chic are just getting on the bandwagon.

Thanks Sug, not bad for my yard lol. Aidan was having a nap and we couldn’t be bothered trying to find a new location. Oh and BTW I LOVE that we wore the same skirt today :D shows how awesome it really is xx

Backyard ftw! Me too. The funniest part is my sis and I text each other what we’re wearing to the gym sometimes as some of our clothes overlap and we try to avoid the matchy matchy look. I was just thinking that after our ProBlogger outfit chat. Must do it for challenge posts. ;) Haha

a very ladylike outfit….love the oversized pearls and the structured hairstyle. its a good thing I couldn’t find my blue virtu skirt….

You look very stylish – I love it. I think it’s the hairstyle and the pearls that just up the ante in the ladylike stakes here. And this blue skirt – amazing!

I like this paragraph the best. Work it. You deserve it.
    “I like an outfit that hugs and skims my curves, anything baggier just makes me look and feel heavier. I have a muffin top, saddle bags, chunky thighs and a round jiggly belly that droops. I’m working on changing those things but for right now, today, this is what I’ve got to work with. None of those things will stop me from wearing things I feel good in. None of those things leave me feeling less than confident or deserving.”

Magnolia Bakery!!! I am so jealous!! You will have so much fun.The first time I went to NYC I went with my mom and other faleme relatives we took the double decker tour bus if you don’t mind looking like a complete tourist you learn some pretty cool things and get a good view of all of NYC.

Gorgeous look, gorgeous shot, gorgeous light … you’re enveloped in total gorgeousness in every way ;) Hey Dani, great minds! I bought one of those skirts too, as yet it’s not been worn as I thought for sure a couple of you girls would do it beautifully this week … and you and Mel did. Loving AC as always.

Cherie a few of us the skirt it seems, Suger and I just laughed our butts off when we saw what we’d done. Bound to happen eventually ;) Just shows what an awesome skirt it is.

I always tell you that you should live in sexy pencil skirts and this is again proof that I am right!! So so beautiful!! Really lady… you amaze me always!!

Thanks Crystal, really felt I was rocking this look. I’ve tried being edgy, being a little quirky and punk but it doesn’t sing to me like the lady-like look does… lol say THAT three times fast :P

I love the embelishments of your Pearl necklace and purse. You really make the blue pop! Also loooove the choice of slick, pulled back hair! Looking sooo fab Dani! :)

Dani you always look amazing, and that blue is phenomenal on you, but more than that you inspire me so much with your attitude to life and your health and body. I don’t think you will ever know how much you spur me on in my own journey to love myself, jiggly bits and all! xoxo