Appletiser: Get Your Sparkle On

Sponsored by Appletiser

I’ll admit it, I love when parcels get delivered to my door and who wouldn’t when they look like this! The lovely people at Appletiser sent me a lovely sparkly care package filled with loose green glitter (yeah, still cleaning that up, thanks!) some yummy cupcakes from the Sparkle Cupcakery, sparklers and everything I’d need to mix up a yummy cocktail. They wanted to help me celebrate the silly season in style and who was I to object.

Free booze always comes with a catch though, Appletiser asked me if I’d share five rules I live my life by and to share them with you all on instagram and twitter. What’s in it for you? Well you get to learn a little bit more about what makes me tick and… oh let’s say, the chance to win a $200 Peeptoe Shoes Gift Voucher!

RULE #1: Take time everyday to savour the sweet moments.

RULE #2: The weight of a problem is halved when shared with a friend.

RULE #3: Create a space of your own to reflect, dream and explore.

RULE #4: Dream Big. Work Hard.

RULE #5: Treat others how you’d like to be treated… with love!

I considered breaking those rules down, spelling out exactly what they mean to me and how they’ve effected my life but I figured they’re best left open to interpretation. You can see the other bloggers rules here: #appletisersparkle and feel free to add your own. We all have our own rules in life and for your chance to win the $200 Peeptoe Shoes Gift Voucher I want you to tell me one of yours. These shoes are my favourite super special pair and they’re from Peeptoe Shoes… just imagine what you could buy!

What are the rules you live your life by?

This is a sponsored post, please refer to the  Competition Terms & Conditions and my disclosure policy for further information. Appletiser is delicious (made of 100% apple juice, slightly sparkling with no preservatives) and a great non alcoholic bubbly for the party season.

Comments

Wants don’t get!

Dad drilled this into me / us and so I always consider whether I just want something … like cupcakes, or need them like pretty new shoes.

Pretty sure thats still a want tho! hmmm

KC says

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Vision without action is just a dream. Action without vision is just passing time. But vision with action can change the world!

KC says

Whoops, forgot to write the rules that go with my maxims:
    1. If something isn’t working, try something different.
    2. To perform each task with thoughtful deliberation and a vision for what the outcome will be be – don’t lose your ability to dream while performing the necessary actions of daily life.

Nardia says

My rule is very simple and has held me in good stead throughout all aspects of my life:

If it doesn’t make you happy, don’t do it…

Rachael F says

My number one rule to live by is one that was sung to me by Kenyan Orphans in Africa – that is “Enjoy your dreams, before you die”.

My words are about positive body image.

I strongly believe that success is loving our true beauty and being proud of our difference. It’s realising that our uniqueness will amount to greatness, if we let it.

I try and live my life in a way that is about doing good things and making happiness in your life. I think in many ways you need to choose to be happy (whether by buying less stuff, changing jobs, getting a cat-whatever!). I lost a family member a few years ago and it really made me think about the kind of person I wanted to be and how I wanted to spend my time.

1. Be yourself 2. If you feel like singing outloud in a crowded office go right ahead even if it is Backstreet Boys 3. Love and never stop loving 4. Do to others as you would want done to you 5. Always strive for kindness

1. Make mistakes. We are not born perfect. We can improve and learn from our mistakes.
    2. Smile every day. It’s not that much of an effort to make someone else’s day brighter and you’ll receive a smile back!
    3. Treasure what you have. Remember when you are being served for dinner that you are fortunate to have something on your plate.
    4. Give and be generous. Donating and helping out others will make your life much more happier.

I hope my life rules are able to help inspire others!

Tracy Boulter says

My 5 Rules

1. Think before you speak, don’t just react.
    2. Listen to the quiet voice within for guidance, it will never let you down.
    3. Don’t judge others as you will surely find yourself wrong.
    4. A smile and a friendly word costs nothing, it can save a life.
    5. Live in the moment and try to look on the funny side of life

Michelle V says

If I had to choose only five rules that I live by
    Number one would be ONLY ONCE DATE A “BAD” GUY
    Don’t marry him of course, that’d be no good
    Because he wouldn’t treat you right, as you should.
    You’d learn your lesson; he’d be a bit of fun
    But totally not what you want for “The One”.
    My number two rule would have to be
    LAUGH OFTEN, it’s good for you, and it’s free!
    It sets a good example for those you adore
    And you will notice you’ll be happier more.
    My number three rule would be BE KIND TO YOU!
    You are enough, you do enough, and you have enough too.
    My number four rule would be to DONATE
    There’s many less fortunate, giving is great.
    Even if it is just a small amount
    It really is the thought that counts.
    And finally, rule number five
    DECLARE YOUR LOVE whilst you’re alive
    For once you’re gone, it’s too late then
    So say it with your heart, and say it often!!

I’ve always tried to live by the rule ‘Be Kind’, and over the last few years I have extended that to ‘Be Kind to Yourself’. This has neccesitated in learning to say no, which might seem unnkind to others, but is, in reality, the best thing ever.

So, Be Kind to Yourself! Treat yourself with the same love, care and respect you would treat a beloved friend.

xx

The rule I am sharing with you is one I would like everyone to take on board – “Be your own #1 fan”. No one can advocate for you like you can. No one can stick up for you and believe in you like you can. Own that.

Julianne says

On our blackboard on the fridge at home, Ive written the ideals I like to live by and bring my kids, nieces and nephews up with…my mum and nan are responsible for teaching me to live by these and they are pretty amazing women so I think Im on the right track :)
    Love, Honesty, Appreciation, Kindness, Loyalty, Silliness, = A Great Life!!

Trackbacks