I posted this photo on facebook tonight, sharing what I’d made for dinner and I was instantly asked to share the recipe… so here I am. You wont be blown away though, it’s pretty simple and yes, it involves a packet mix because I’m lazy and enjoy consistency.
- CHILLI MIX:
- 1x Chilli Con Carne Spice Sachet from Aldi.
- 500gms Beef Mince.
- 1x Brown Onion, diced finely.
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil.
- 1x Can Red Kidney Beans.
- 1x Can diced Tomatoes.
- 1x Cup frozen Corn kernels.
- 1x Tbs Tomato Paste.
- 3/4 Cup of Water.
- TO SERVE:
- 1x Roma Tomato diced.
- 1x Avocado blended with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 1x Tbs Lite Sour Cream.
- 2x Handfuls of plain Corn/Tortilla Chips.
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI FOR WHIMPS
- Heat the oil on high in a large pan or pot. Fry the onion and once it’s soft add the mince. Stir and break down the mince, brown it until you can see just a little bit of pink left.
- Add the corn, beans, canned tomatoes, water, tomato paste and spice sachet. Here’s the “whimpy” part, got kids who hate anything too spicy or maybe you’re the whimpy one? Just add half the spice packet and 1/3 cup of water. Simple.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Turn the heat to a simmer and stir occasionally. Leave for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon the chilli into bowls and top with avocado and sour cream.
- Add the fresh diced tomato for a cool play on the palette and to break up the heat.
- Serve with your chips of choice.
There you go, a quick and easy dinner that’s adaptable for the whole family… even the fussy whimpy ones!