Aussie Curves – Secondhand

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -6 aussieoutfit-08

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -3

If you know me, you know I love op shopping, visiting vintage and thrift stores is kind of my thing. In the last couple of years I went a little crazy, draggin home every old chair, painting and nicknack I fancied. Soon my house was filled to the brim and Steve asked me to stop. So for the past year I’ve been decluttering, taking things back along with my own old stuff I no longer needed. This year I have a little room to dabble but things have to meet a criteria before I bring them home. Vintage board games for Aidan – Tick. Funky Plus Size Clothes – Tick. Glomesh Bags – Tick. Costume Jewellery – Tick. Children’s books – Tick.

• Vintage Blouse – Thrifted
  • Satin Ruffle Dress – ASOS Curve bought from Caitlin
  • Gold Chunky Necklace - Wild Bling gifted
  • Cameo Brooch – Thrifted
  • Crocodile Brooch – Thrifted
  • Gem Bracelet – Thrifted
  • Vintage Pink Leather Bag – Thrifted
  • Tan Sandals – Payless Shoes USA

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -5

Isn’t the little crocodile adorable! He’s brassy coloured and has little yellow crystals all over. As soon as I saw him I knew I had to take him home, that was a few years ago now. He reminds me of Katherine in the Northern Territory where I grew up. The little cameo is plastic but I don’t mind, I think it’s sweet and charming. Both brooches complement the bold chunky chain necklace, a gift from Wild Bling.

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -2

I picked up the floral blouse on Monday, I couldn’t believe my luck! It fit perfectly, it had shoulder pads and I loved the colours. I know it will go with several items in my wardrobe so be prepared to see more of it this summer. It was a steal for $5 and I also bought a “like new” City Chic sequinned maxi dress for $6! I’ll save that for another day. When I saw the blouse I knew it would go perfectly with my satin ASOS dress, the one I wore to Fashion Week last year. I considered giving it away during the PSFWA Clothes Swap but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it, I love the thing.

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -9

Who wouldn’t, with circle ruffles along the hem and shoulders, it’s soft silky fabric and it’s bold, bright summery colour. I picked up the pink leather bag at the Love Vintage market in Sydney on a day out with Natalie. It was $35 and I ummed and ahhed about spending that much on a used bag but it was pink, real leather and gorgeous so I did. I’m glad because it’s one of my most used bags, perfect for little walks or quick trips to the shops. I always take it to Melbourne with me as I can easily dress it up or down.

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -10

I even decided to rock a toe ring… sooo 1990′s. Diva had them on sale and I couldn’t resist. I’m so glad I bought these sandals whilst I was in New York last year, they’re the best and I’ve already worn them so many times. My lovely pale blue polished toes, tan woven sandals and a gold glittery toe ring… hello summer!

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -7

I wasn’t sure if I should include this list but a few people have been asking about my make up and what I use for specific looks. Until Aidan starts school in February I wont have time to make anymore videos but maybe doing this each week can fill the void until then?

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -8

I love how it all came together, a jumble of preloved (or double-loved as I call it) items in colours, tones and textures that make me happy. If you’re afraid that op shops wont have plus sizes, you’d be wrong as most do now days. If the selection is sparse you can always dig and find other gems in the accessories and jewellery sections. You don’t need to dress head to toe in secondhand to make a unique outfit, even one or two pieces that you’ve found and love can help reflect your individual style.

aussie curves plus size outfit fashion blogger danimezza vintage thrifted SECONDHAND -4

AUSSIE CURVES FACEBOOK GROUP

aussieoutfit-08

disclaimer_aussiecurves1

Comments

I’m not sure what it is exactly, but I think this might be my favourite set of photos of you! You look gorgeous, I LOVE that blouse and the crocodile brooch is super adorable!

You have an eye for bargains! The blouse, the brooches and bag all compliment the gorgeous dress! I’m one of those people who is a bit scared of thrift shops, I’ll buy second hand things online but totally fear I’d never find anything in my size instore!
    I’m tempted to check out my local savemart, I might find a few bargains

Add this blouse to the list of things I’m going to pinch next time I visit! Haha. Great find. So perfect. I’ve been looking everywhere for a full skirt in a similar material. Gah. and you look happy and relaxed. I love that.

abearmadethis says

I love your flawless makeup. I’m lucky to leave the house most days with more than some tinted moisturizer on my face. So you makeup list scares the bejezzus out of me!
    Great work on find the fab shirt and other op shopped items. I look forward to seeing the maxi dress too. xx

Yeah I have a post going up about my make up collection. I never used to give a crap about make up: mascara and lip gloss and I was set. The more runways shows, press parties and outfit photos I take the more I get into it.

Discovered your post really exinctig without a doubt. I genuinely enjoyed browsing it therefore you make rather some excellent factors. I am going to bookmark this website for that future! Relly terrific article.

Lovely outfit, love the dress and bag colour clashing! blouse is amazing! I think I will forever be a I can’t be bothered with the much make up kinda gal. lol

I’m loving all your posts. Not only are you looking amazing in the photos but I love all the descriptions that do with them. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Jess says

Wow, that outfit is truly hideous. The yellow dress is ridiculously unflattering, too short for your legs and does nothing for you. The blouse is loud and doesn’t quite match… Nobody needs that!

If you’re referring to my chunky knees, I used to care what people thought but now that I’m working out more and doing something about changing them (inspired by Melissa’s toned pins) I’m embracing how strong they are and plus, it was a hot day. Personal style is exactly that and this was showcasing one outfit I put together.

“Hideous” – Adjective: Ugly or disgusting to look at, extremely unpleasant.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I try to keep my blog a positive and pleasant place, please try to do the same.

This is GORGEOUS! I haven’t had much luck vintage shopping myself but the one thing I found (a blue kaftan dress) is one of my fav pieces.
    Elle (www.theellecurve.com)

Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Very helpful info specially the final part :) I care for such info much. I used to be seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

I simply want to meniotn I’m very new to weblog and certainly liked this web-site. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your website . You really come with amazing article content. Kudos for revealing your webpage.

I truly do rely on many of the principles you could have unveiled in your article. They are really genuine and can absolutely function. Continue to, your posts are very shorter for starters. May well you want lengthen these individuals slightly from the next time? Wanted post.