So I thought I’d do a little “Shop The Look” for you all! I personally have a few of these pieces which is why I recognised them. I haven’t done a post like this in awhile but I am right now, because I’m excited!
Why? Let me break it down for you:
- There is an international celebrity.
- In an Australian glossy magazine.
- Who is vocal about supporting plus size fashion.
- Who is vocal about positive body image.
- Actually attends Curvy Couture Roadshow.
- Stays for the entire event, mingles with the public and designers alike.
- Who is really nice. (I can say that because we’ve chatted a couple of times lol)
- Wears a plus size, curvy fashion range in her photo shoot.
- Even though she could have easily made the choice to wear straight size.
- It’s actually affordable clothing!
She’s so cute!
Can I just say that I’m also excited for the 17 year old plus size girl flipping through Cosmo, who feels excluded by fashion and resigns herself to circling accessories or reading too many sex tips… seeing a young, hot, curvy woman wearing clothes that go up to a size 24 at a price point her pocket money can afford, it’s just so awesome.
I do have to admit that I was a bit chuffed when Cosmo enquired about “Plus Size Fashion Weekend” instead of “Curvy Couture Roadshow” during the interview (pg1) incase you don’t know PSFWA was my mini event that I held for bloggers back in 2012. The organisers did an amazing job and I can’t wait for Curvy Couture Roadshow 2015. Keep an eye out for plus size fashion pop up events over the next few months that I’ll be helping to set up directly with brands, it’s a very exciting time!
How do you think plus size brands should be engaging with you?
Do you feel there should be more celebrities supporting plus?